10/5/08

TRU

I Feel like Sh*t

We arrived at O.R.Tambo Airport just in time and surrendered the rented car, made it to domestic departures, I checked in my luggage with SAA Airlink and the guys did the same with Mango and we sat down and started reading the free copy of Sunday newspaper. But I was feeling like revulsion after chowing English breakfast and sugar-free caffeinated tea at the guesthouse. I was feeling like shit.

Soon the two guys from KZN boarded their plane and left and I decided to go to the Airlink lounge and wait for my plane. I was feeling like shit.

At the lounge I felt so full of sleep that I couldn’t concentrate on my newspaper. I sat there, looked at my wristwatch and time was 1013. I was supposed to board at 1100. I closed my eyes for a quick nap that would end with the announcer making the first call to board. I was feeling like shit.

The minute I woke up and approached the boarding gate the security guy asked me who I was and when I told him he said that I have been off-loaded. For those not in the know, this means that you have missed your flight and you can no longer fly. At that minute I felt like I was sweating blood. I have missed an opportunity to arrive home at 1200 and was afraid they will charge me to put me on another flight.

He advised me to go to the check-in counter and request to be put on stand-by. I was feeling like shit. I moved to the direction sweating like hell and I decided to make a bee-line to the loo for a quick visit – preparing myself to part with money in the event that I need to pay for the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Commentator

Kasiekulture encourages you to leave a comment and sensitize others about it. However due to spammers filling this box with useless rhetoric that has nothing to do with our posts we have now decided that to comment you have to go to our Facebook Page titled THE Kasiekulture BLOG. We will not authorise any comments. Apologies for the inconvenience.